If you have an online presence, you know that your SEO score is important. It is based on information about the SEO of your site and how well various SEO tools function. Your SEO score should be calculated by a good tester that allows you to see how well your site is doing and what you can do to improve. There are hundreds upon hundreds of SEO testers available on the web, but some are much better than others. If you’re in the market for a concise SEO score and an actionable report that is easy to understand, check out these tips on what to look for in a website optimization test.
Start With This Simple Checklist
Based on your knowledge of how SEO works, there are some simple things you can look for all on your own. This gives you a great place to start and will improve your SEO score right away.
- Make sure your metadata, including title tags and descriptions, are well-written, up to date and keyword rich.
- Make sure you are optimized for local searches. You can do this by listing your business on local directories like Yelp and Google Places as well as making sure your name, address and phone number is clearly displayed on your website.
- Each page on your site should have a clear keyword focus and contain images that are optimized for those keywords.
- You should have a blog that you update regularly or some pages on the site you can update on a regular basis, like a case studies page.
- You should be sharing your content on social media and always including a link back to your website.
Analyze All the Important Factors
A good SEO tester will analyze your site and touch on all the major SEO elements. It should be able to check for any violations, hidden text, links to broken sites, keyword stuffed links, HTML standards compliance, usability and accessibility and more.
The SEO tester you use should know exactly what search engines are looking for and be able to tell you how to improve your site in actionable ways. You should also be able to find testimonials, reviews or case studies by satisfied clients.
Understand Your Competitor’s SEO
Some of the best SEO testers will provide you with side-by-side SEO comparisons of your main competitors. You can see right away how you can improve your Manic Metrics SEO for attorneys and what the competition is doing that you aren’t. If you have a list of exactly which businesses are ranking higher than you and why, you can make those items a priority.
Easy to Understand Reports
Any information reported back to you from the SEO tester should be easy to understand. If you aren’t a web developer, your tester shouldn’t treat you like one. All the instructions and report details should be in plain English and any complicated fixes should come with a breakdown of how to complete them yourself. The best testers will come with definitions, tutorials and the ability to contact a support team with questions.
Find the Most Reasonable Price
Of course, you don’t want to overpay for your SEO tester. We tend to think that the more you pay, the better service you receive. But all too common do business owners shell out a pretty penny and get a lackluster report back in return. Make sure you do the proper research and shop around for a good deal.
At the same time, don’t immediately jump for the cheapest tester you find. Deals that are too good to be true often are exactly that.